The Bayview and Hunters Point community has long been plagued with high unemployment rates, high poverty rates and underachievement in many of the youth and adults. The Bayview Beacon Employment Program is created to empower the Bayview and Hunters Point community through the promotion of employment self-sufficiency, career development and wealth accumulation.
The Bayview Beacon Employment Program consists of the following components:
- Employment Workshops: The employment program provides separate training workshops to adults and youth, including topics such as:
- Professionalism and interview skills
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Public speaking and communication skills
- Personal organization and time management
- Job search and networking
- Vocational ESL training
- Business Workshops: Through collaboration with other workforce development agencies, the Beacon Employment Services Program aims to offer local businesses monthly workshops on topics such as:
- Business plan writing
- Tax and labor laws
- Small business loans
- Job Bank: The job banks are up to date database of local employment, internship and volunteer opportunities for members of all ages. Members can conveniently access them during drop-in and program workshops.
- Drop-in Services: Members can come into our program office and have our program staff help them with resume and cover letter, as well as job search assistance and other employment needs.
If you are interested in any of the above services, contact Wai Li at (415) 469-4550 ext. 13243, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment soon!